Today I want to share with you one of the favorites treats in México. We call it “Choco Banana”. Maybe you've heard of it or maybe not haha! But it's always good to try different stuff with our kids, family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, or anyone! This is a really good snack or dessert and one of the things that I like most about this is that I can make it with my little kid. I LOVE to do stuff with my family, and nothing is better than making a chocolate covered banana, and if you want something healthier you can use natural yogurt!
The ingredients that you need depends on what you want for topping and your imagination, but the basic chocolate covered banana just needs a banana and melted chocolate/yogurt. Today I will share with you some our favorite combinations.
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Peanut butter
- First a few hours before, cut the bananas in half, put a stick in the end and freeze them!
- Crumble the chocolate graham crackers and the pecans, cut the strawberrys in little cubes, and put the peanut butter in a ziplock. (and cut a little hole in the end to make it easier for the peanut butter to come out)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds, mix, and repeat as many times as needed. It's really important to do it little-by-little because you can burn the chocolate, so make sure you mix it every 30 seconds.
- Pull the bananas out of the freezer. Make sure to take the bananas out of the freezer right before you're ready to make them, otherwise if they begin to thaw, the chocolate won't stick because of the moisture.
- Dip the frozen bananas in the chocolate or yogurt and make sure they’re covered, and quickly put the toppings on before the chocolate/yogurt dries.
- After this put the bananas for a few minutes again in the freezer. You can put them on wax paper so they are easier to pull off later.
I LOVE how they taste with graham crackers and strawberries, or chocolate with pecans, peanut butter and strawberries, or you can put whatever you want!
Here is a list with some of our favorites toppings:
- Graham crackers
- Peanut Butter
Big hugs for you,
Tell your friends!